Tuesday, April 05, 2011

The fire down below

She-Who-Must-Be-Obeyed decided we would have chili tonight. Now, I love chili, but I can't have beef. The proteins clog up my joints and the resulting intense pain is highly effective at changing my behavior. So She didn't put beef in my chili.

She used chorrizo, instead.

"Taste this and see if it needs more spices," she said. The chili bubbled at the bottom of a pot, looking exactly like molten lava only hotter.

If you're unfamiliar with chorrizo, it's a Mexican sausage made with beef or pork, scads of pepper, radioactive byproducts, and even more pepper. This is like Italian sausage on steroids as envisaged by masked, cackling maniacs from the Spanish Inquisition.

And I love it.

I took a spoon and tasted the chili. My tongue blistered and my nose hairs burned off. It was perfect!

Life is good.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger The Donut Guy said...

We must be brothers from different mothers......I have the same exact problem *and* I like spicy food :-)

4:11 AM  
Blogger lemmiwinks said...

This put me in mind of the Guatemalan Insanity Pepper episode of The Simpsons :-)

5:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home