Monday, December 14, 2009

A quick personal note

I walked quite a bit on Saturday as I went through the Tulsa Flea Market, a couple of shops, and the thieve's market. I walked with my cane, not because I needed it for support, but because it forces me to slow down and provides assistance with balance.

Here's the good news. The last time I went to the flea market, my knee and hip hurt so badly afterward that I couldn't walk much that evening. This weekend, however, I was pain free! Even better, there were no dizzy spells.

It's going to be a rough week ahead. I'm working early because my daughter had a schedule change and I get up with her for coffee before work. My alarm goes off at 4AM. Also, we're presently scheduled for overtime on Saturday, but I'm on vacation after that.

If all goes well and the extra stress doesn't make me hurt, I plan to try riding my bike this weekend. That may sound like a pitifully small step, but simply walking around the block was exhausting and very painful a few months ago. I'm hoping to start recovering all that lost fitness.

And yes, I still have to see the doctor, but that will be something to do while I'm taking vacation time.

3 Comments:

Blogger Steve A said...

Have you tried a stationary bike to see how it feels? The bike feels good and hurts differently than walking.

Speaking of which, I need to find MY cane for Friday...

7:43 PM  
Blogger Ed W said...

I hesitate to use our stationary bike. It's been abused by the cats. The seat is badly ripped and I'd rather not sit on it as the cushioning doesn't cover the whole seat any more. They've pretty much destroyed the bike and if I think about it, I'll get pissed off all over again. Damned cats.

8:22 PM  
Blogger brother yam said...

Hang in there and get stronger -- I wish you the all the best. I know how I now get antsy if I haven't ridden in a while, so you must just be crazed...

8:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home